- Boys and Girls in 3rd grade to 8th
- Residents of Twinsburg City School District
- Players do not need to attend Twinsburg Schools
- Community travel soccer program that lets kids play against other cities in northeast Ohio at a higher level of competition, skill, and commitment than recreational soccer.
- Being non profit means the club relies heavily on volunteers for assistant coaches and team managers. Our lead coaches are mainly USSF licensed coaches with strong soccer backgrounds.
- A.C. Soccer is composed of boys and girls teams. Each team has a head coach, parent volunteer assistant coaches and a parent volunteer team manager. All staff are approved by the board and credentialed by US Club Soccer including background checks. In 2019 and going forward, all coaches will have a USSF certificate or United Soccer Coaches diploma.
- The board is all volunteer and comprised of President, VP of Boys, VP of Girls, VP of Coaching, Club Manager, Treasurer, and Registrar.
- Our Club is a member of US Club Soccer and plays in the Ohio Travel Soccer League. More information can be found at http://www.ohtsl.com/
- 10 month season with tryouts in mid May
- Fall Season runs August – October
- Winter Season runs December – March
- Spring Season runs April – late June
- In Fall and Spring, teams practice 2 times a week and play 1 game a week. Games are usually on Sundays but could be other days based on field availability
- In Winter, teams practice one day a week. Games are usually on the weekend early January – mid March.
- Games and practices occur at Dodge, Liberty, Glenmeadow and the High School Fields
- Teams will play half their games at home and half away
- Travel can go as far south as Canton, west to Avon and north/east to Madison/Geneva.
- Each age/gender has from 1-5 divisions. 1 is the most competitive.
- Many divisions group local communities together to reduce travel times, but travel can be 45 min one way for games.
- Tournaments are decided by lead coaches and teams, and that travel could be farther.
- Tournaments are extra cost and players are not required to participate in them.
- Cost for the 2022-2023 program is $550 (plus $15 processing fee) for the entire year .
- Uniform – Two jerseys, shorts and socks. Cost is $90-$115
- Tournaments are not mandatory. If your child plays, this is an added fee that is based on how many children play and cost of tournament.
- Player must attend May/June tryout to be placed on a team
- Teams are created primarily from tryout scores, but there is input from coaches of the current year.
- 3rd and 4th grade teams are balanced based on above criteria
- 5th grade and will have an A and B team based on above criteria and total number of players
- As a club, we understand and encourage kids to enjoy multiple sports and activities. The key to making it work is communicating with your coach and team manager as to any schedule conflicts or other challenges. Players are asked to attend at least 50% of practices in a session.
How to get more information
- Twinsburg A.C. is a non profit organization that is organized by a Board of Directors and other volunteers.
- If you have questions about certain aspects of the program, please click on the administration tab above
- Facebook – we have a closed group on Facebook that you can request membership to and get more information –https://www.facebook.com/groups/268510610192092/
- Twitter – follow us @twinsburgac